Attila Ferenczi: Some Biographical Data to Ernő Salamon's Work and Its Afterlife

Ernő Salamon’s name has almost entirely faded from public knowledge, there are barely a few philologists who know his work and life. Only the school in Gheorgheni bears witness that it inherited the poet’s name.

My intention was to present his biography in a short, but detailed manner, in order to offer a code for understanding his poetry. I also dedicated a portion of the study to the afterlife of his poems and name. The reconstruction of his biography is mainly based on Péter Marosi’s monography (1920–1988, editor, literary critic).

Since the surviving local narratives about the poet’s life are not entirely true, I set myself the task to make Ernő Salamon’s life known to the large public without the myths that surround it. This would also make it possible for readers to think of his political commitment as of a possible way out from the critical times of the 1930’s and 40’s. The proletarian poet who barely lived 31 years created under heavy and mournful memories that are reflected in his poetry, yet he managed to overcome his bitterness and live his days as a beautiful fate.

Támogatóink

bga szemle

Gyergyóremete Község Önkormányzata

Gyergyóújfalu Község Önkormányzata